Best Scroll Saws under 200$ – Read Reviews
Are you a woodworker who likes to work on intricate designs and one of the most complicated designs on the wood, then the regular circular saw or the table saw would not satisfy your needs? In that case, what’s the solution? It is simple, own a scroll saw.
One would ask, how come scroll saw is capable of delivering such results as compared to the table saw or circular saw? The answer lies simply on the counts of the teeth per inch or TPI. More teeth per inch means it can cut more intricate cuts and can turn fast.
Top Rated Scroll Saw Under 200$
Therefore we have made a list of affordable scroll saws that can be bought to satisfy your needs. In this article, we have made a list of some of the best scroll saw under 200$ that you can buy the best scroll saws online easily.
1. WEN 3921 TWO-DIRECTION SCROLL SAW:
The WEN 3921 can perform in two directions to make the DIY (Do It Yourself) or commercial projects easy. The scroll saw is equipped with a 16-inch depth throat to ensure that the cut in the larger pieces of the wood, plastics, and other materials are clean.
Owning a scroll saw is a great option for the ones who are professional woodworkers as well as for the ones who just like to create something occasionally. As such, these are affordable and cheap scroll saws.
The motor provided in the WEN 3921 is no doubt one the most powerful in the market, as such, it can deliver about 1600 SPM. With the help of such power, the scroll saw can easily cut through a 2-inch thick wood like a piece of cake.
Pinned as well as Pinless blades can be easily attached to the WEN 3921 and can be easily stored due to the storage location provided on the side of the body. An additional dust port is also provided to keep the area clean.
- Enables the blade to work in both directions, standard and 90 degree
- The variable speed of the scroll saw ranges between 400 to 1600 strokes per minute
- Big 16 by 11-inch table bevels that can achieve an angle up to 45 degrees to cut the angled cuts
- Cutting of 2-inch thick wood can be easily made in the standard position with the throat depth of 16 inches
- The package includes a thumbscrew blade adapter to change blade, a cast iron base, air pump, a dust port, onboard storage, a flex light, three blades, and a foot lock clamps
- Moderate noise level
- 16-inch throat depth for longer and thicker jobs
- Cast iron base for durability and controlling the vibration
- Adjustable LED lamp
- Tool-free blade installation
- Vibrates a bit on higher speed range
- The adjustment of the LED lamps is not ideal, as such, it vibrates when the scroll saw is running
2. SKIL 3335-07 16″, Scroll Saw with Light, Red:
The SKIL 3335-07 scroll saw looks just like any other scroll saw in the market, but when it is observed closely the difference in the built as well as in the quality of the material can be easily spotted.
The body of the SKIL scroll saw is quite solid and stable as such it effectively holds the shoe to make the cutting of the wood and other materials easier. The table of the scroll saw is made with aluminum instead of the cast iron. The table of the saw also includes a scale to increase the accuracy.
The SKIL 3335 might not be one of the expensive scroll saw in the market but it does cost a fortune. Therefore before buying it, one must also consider that the SKIL is now the subsidiary product of Chevron (HK) Ltd which is a Nanjing-based company.
- To keep the work surface clean, an integrated dust removal system
- LED light to keep the workpiece well illuminated
- To cut the variety of material easily, electronic variable speed control is provided
- 16-inch depth throat to cut thicker pieces easily
- The 16” x 10” work table can be tilted up to 45 degree
- Adjustable gooseneck lamp
- Vacuum cleaner can be attached at the dust port
- Vibration increases gradually with the gradual increase of the speed
3. Shop Fox W1713 16-Inch Variable Speed Scroll Saw:
The Shop Fox W1713 has one of the most neat and ergonomic design as compared to the other scroll saws present in the market. The construction of the scroll saw is quite solid which results in a better and stable base.
Shop Fox W1713 can be said as a modern scroll saw which provides fresh and innovative features like opting for a brighter light on top of the blade instead of the regular and traditional gooseneck light near the blade.
The body of the scroll saw is made with the cast iron. A new feature like hold down shoe are also incorporated on the scroll saw.
- The motor of the scroll saw offers 1/8 HP, 1.2 Amps, 110- volt, and 60 HZ
- The maximum cutting width of the Shop fox W1713 is 16 inches
- The package includes a gooseneck work light, dust blower, and a dust port
- Plain and pin blades can be attached
- The variable speed of the scroll saw ranges between 550 – 1700 SPM
- Larger gooseneck work light
- Dust blower and a dust port with the connection of vacuum cleaner
- Plan and pin end cutting blades can be attached
- 45-degree tilting capability
- Hold down foot feature
- Protective plastic cover is un-necessary
- Wobbling issue on the table while working on the angle
4. Rikon Power Tools 10-600Vs Scroll Saw With Lamp & 16 In:
Rikon 10-600VS is a unique scroll saw which owns a 16-inch variable speed and is designed to make small as well as intricate curved cuts in the thinner woods. These woodworks include decorative scrollwork, inlays, puzzles, and craft items.
Its thin blade allows the user to cut through the material freely and that too in tight arcs. The motor incorporated in the scroll saw offers a much required variable operating speed, thus the cutting action of the blade can be adjusted simply with the help of a twist of the dial.
The table of the scroll saw owns a 16-inch throat as well as an aluminum table to increase the stability required while performing the sawing of large stocks.
The scroll saw table can be tilted up to 45 degrees.
- The motor of the scroll saw offers a powerful 120V/60Hz/1.2A DC
- The base of the scroll saw is cast iron
- It owns a large aluminum table
- Gooseneck work light has been also provided for better clarity
- Both plain as well as pin type blades are enabled and can be easily attached
- Reliable and userfriendly
- Powerful motor
- Poor built quality
5. ShopSeries RK7315 16″ Scroll Saw with Variable Speed Control:
ShopSeries RK7315 comes from a brand that is known to provide performance and value to the customers. As such, ShopSeries aims toward providing reliability, ease of use, innovative features with precision, all with the help of superior engineering and design that lasts.
The ShopSeries RK7315 packs a 1.2-ampere motor to cut, create curves and joints on the wood with the help of ¾” stroke. Apart for this, variable speed control and die cast aluminium table bevels between 0-45 degree are key features.
The package includes two durable blade, the first one is 5″ tungsten carbide blades that has a 16 inches of throat depth to cut 2″ wood at an angle of 90 degrees while the other one is 1-37/16″ blade is capable of cutting on 45 degrees.
Both the blades can be easily stored on the on board storage to prevent the blades form getting damage in any case or by getting lost.
- 1.2 amp powerful motor, making woodworking easy
- Die cast aluminium table that bevels from 0 to 44 degree
- Two tungsten carbide blade,
- Variable speed control mode
- Powerful yet lightweight
- 2 year warranty
- Vibrates at the higher range of speed
These are some of the cheap scroll saws and are selected based on the scroll saw under 200 $ reviews. In a nutshell, one can find some of the finest scroll saws in the market for 200$.