The Best Scroll Saws of 2019Reviews and Buying Guide
Getting the right kind of cut with a scroll saw is hard enough. With the number of options on the market trying to actually buy one is harder. This is where scroll saws reviews are set to come real handy for you.
Mostly, all scroll saws do the same job for you but it is the added features that actually make the difference in the experience. Especially, if you are a professional woodworker and has to work on multiple projects.
Whether it is a home improvement DIY project or even a professional remodeling, you need your scroll saw to fit your individual needs. So, I have curated the best scroll saws online for you.
I and my team have tested and tried for 18 hours straight each and every one of the below scroll saws to make sure you find everything you need in this best scroll saw reviews. There are many features like a proper dust collection method and debris control with safety locks on that you need to consider before buying your scroll saw.
The Best Scroll Saws of 2019
Without further delay, you can just go through the features and pros and cons and find your best scroll saw online. One of the best parts about the best scroll saws website is that you will always find comparisons as such to help you narrow down your decision.
Best Choice – DEWALT DW788 1.3 Amp 20-Inch Variable-Speed Scroll Saw
- Meets OSHA standards
- Easy speed changes
- 400 to 1750 strokes per minute
- Not cheap
DEWALT is an industry leader when it comes to manufacturing state of the art and long-lasting portable saws. And the DEWALT DW788 is built to get the job done for you. Moreover, when it comes to beginners, the DEWALT DW788 is built to deliver woodwork and cuttings with safety.
I come with many features, to start with is the double parallel link-arm. Meaning the vibration while working will be dramatically reduced making it very easy for newbies to use it too. The flexible dust blower makes sure that the debris created doesn’t block your vision and you don’t have a massive mess to clean afterward.
- Double parallel-link arm reduces noise and vibration for extremely accurate cuts
- On-off switch, electronic variable speed, flexible dust blower, and blade-tensioning lever located on the upper front arm
- Arm design keeps the blade perpendicular to the work, dramatically reducing over or undercutting
- Tool-free blade clamps allow blade changes in seconds
- Arm lifts so that blade can be easily threaded through the material for inside cutsThe oversized, cast-iron table provides excellent material support and bevels 45 degrees (left and right)
WEN 3920 16-Inch Two-Direction Variable Speed Scroll Saw with Flexible LED Light
- Two-Year Warranty
- Controlled cuts to accuracy
- Newbies will find it difficult to switch the blades
When it comes to your pocket, and if you are looking for affordable scroll saws then look no further than the WEN 3920. It gives you all the features but at a slashed price for it. It will power cut through 2 inches of wood at a time and you get dual direction cutting capability.
With the adjustable pump, you can easily do the post clean up and the LED light let’s cut to precision any work you set off with it. The hold-down clamp lets you keep your wood in place without it sliding off.
- Cast Iron Base
- LED Worm Worklight
- 5-Inch Dust Port
- One 5-inch Pinless Blade
- Two 5-inch Pinned Blades
- Beveling 16-by-11-inch Table
- On-Board Blade Storage
- Hold-down Foot Clamp
- Adjustable Air Pump
- Pin-Less Blade Adapter
- Hex Wrenches
- On-Board Pin-Less Adapter Mount
Dremel MS20-01 Moto-Saw Variable Speed Compact Scroll Saw Kit
- Blades included – MS50, MS51, MS52, MS53
- Very sturdy to use
The Dremel MS20-01 can cut through a variety of materials, just as plastic, wood and also laminates. You can use it as a stationary scroll saw or even remove the coping and get it all portable with you. The Auto tensioning let’s change the positions and yet be sturdy. Clamp base keeps it still on a variety of surfaces like tables and benches.
- Dust port adapter keeps line-of-sight clear and works space clean
- The auto tensioning quick-change mechanism for easy accessory change and optimal blade tensioning
- removable coping function for handheld use to take the tool to the work piece
- Variable-speed control for optimal cutting in a variety of materials
- The fast-clamp base attaches to various tables, benches, and surfaces
- Blue edge guide locking levers illustrated on the packaging are not included in the kit and do not affect the performance of the tool
Shop Fox W1713 16-Inch Variable Speed Scroll Saw
- The gooseneck night
- Very durable
- And also, lightweight
- Needs tools to change the blades
- No adjustable dust blower
The Shop Fox W1713 is not exactly the bearer of goodness like DEWALT but it has some amazing features thatarea staple for woodworkers. The gooseneck light is ex exceptionally helpful during those tricky plain cuts.
You can also get a variety of angles with the tilt table. The dust extraction port helps to attach a vac to it and clean up easily. The built is of cast iron, while it may seem strong built and which it is, it is surprisingly lightweight.
- Variable speed motor
- Cast iron table
- Gooseneck work light
- Dust blower and 1-1/4 inch dust port
- 1/8 HP, 1.2 Amp, 120V, Single-phase, 60HZ
- No-load speed: 550-1650 SPM
- Maximum cutting thickness: 2 inch
- Maximum cutting width: 16 inches
- Blade stroke: 3/4 inch
- Machine Weight: 31 lbs.
- Approximate Shipping Weight: 40 lbs.2-year warranty
Weston Pro Series 22 Electric Meat Grinders, 1-HP – 750 Watts
- Easy blade installation
- Durable blades
- No proper dust blower
The Weston Pro Series 22 Electric Meat Grinder is our final pick for the best commercial meat grinder. This grinder is an excellent choice for commercial-scale meat grinding. This grinder can handle 9-12 lbs of meat per minute. This meat grinder comes with all-metal gears for maximum performance and durability. This Weston meat grinder comes with an offset head design with locking knob to grant maximum meat flow. You get a permanently-lubricated, air-cooled motor with a large hopper and stomper. You can easily disassemble it for clean-up.
- It has a powerful motor with 1120W, permanent-lubrication and air-cooling.
- Tray guard
- Has a reverse button
- Metal gears and body for optimal performance
- Locking knob for maximum meat flow
- Easy to clean
- No-slip rubber feet for stability
- Sturdy handle for transportation
- Comes with stainless-steel grinding knives
- Two stainless-steel grinding plates – coarse and medium
Has a 5-year limited warranty
A Buyers Guide to Best Scroll Saw Online
Many people say that a scroll saw is not mandatory right up until they get one. That’s when they thin about how they could have lived without it. A scroll saw lets you make acute and deep cuts like no other saw. This is where you can get a scroll saw and continue with your precise cuts.
But, before you venture online to get scroll saws here are a few things you would need as your handy buying guide.
The platform is important because where you work with it and on it affects how easily you will be making those cuts. Also, you would need a sturdy platform to make sure that you don’t lose control while the blades are on.
Scroll Saw Arm
Go for a double parallel-link arm that will keep your work in place. Also, check for the arm being adjustable or not. You would definitely do your work better with a double parallel arm than the regular models.
The Throat Size Matters
This really depends on the kinds of projects you would be working on. Usually getting a 22 inch means you would end up doing a variety of jobs on it. You can the 16 inch is it fits your limited work requirements too.
The Control Speeds
The secret to the best cuts lies withspeed and power. The higher the speed and power the more work you will end up doing with the scroll saw. That is why DEWALT has made a name in the industry for giving amazing variable speeds to choose from as per your project.
Safety Tips for Using a Scroll Saw
It really doesn’t matter if you are a beginner or have been in the wood business long enough. Having your safety gear is set to help you work safer and better. So, if you are going to buy a scroll saw then don’t forget to follow the below thumb rules;
The Dusk Mask
The last thing you want is all the dust coming your way and you botching up your precise cuts. Moreover, you would need it to help you not inhale any of the dust too.
Moving the Scroll Saw
The golden rule is to never move your scroll saw while it is on. And never to pick it up just like that. Always hold the legs and platform to lift it up.
One of the main things that keep your eyes safe from the dust and accident, don’t sit to work on your scroll saw without it.
Always Cut Dry Wood
Dry wood is the best to work on, so, do make sure you don’t get damp wood to work on. The dry wood helps you make the cuts accurately.
Well, by now you have all the necessary information to pick your very on scroll saw for your wood tools arsenal. But, if you are looking for durability, performance and power quality then the DEWALT DW788 is exactly what will get your work done.
It is not very extraordinarily expensive and it comes with the speed power that actually helps you better yourself as a woodworker.